Digital Marketing Coordinator-1 Year Maternity Leave
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Controller
STATUS: Marketing Schedule/ Part-Time Flexible Days & Hours
The Marketing Coordinator’s primary role is to plan and execute marketing that results in vehicle, repair and parts sales opportunities. An monthly analysis of each marketing activity is critical to this position’s effectiveness.
- Marketing activities are planned with the input of each department manager- Sales Managers, Sales Staff, Collision Centre Manager, Service and Parts Managers
- Report directly to the General Manager/Controller
|- SEO knowledge||- Analysis and Problem Solving||- Organising and Planning|
|- Clerical Tasks||- Customer Enthusiasm||- Strategic Leadership|
|- Administration||- Decisiveness||- Team Building|
|- Interdepartmental Relations||- Initiative||- Versatility|
|- Design and Online Presence||- Judgement||- Communication|
|- After Sale Communication||- Motivating and Coaching||- Social Media Relations|
Work Orientation Factors:
- Contact with customers from a variety of backgrounds
- Professional image is essential
- Constant interruptions
- Predictable work schedule
- Communicate with personnel in all departments
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
- Keep website content fresh and optimized
- Work with website vendor on SEO strategies
- Conquest activities are used to drive new customers to the dealership
- Have full knowledge of co-op requirements for New Sales and Parts and Service. Aim for 100% utilization.
Strategic Planning and Budgeting:
- Work with the General Manager to strategically plan marketing goals and activities for the upcoming year
- The beginning of each quarter and each month should be spent adjusting the plan and budget as needed
- Assist dealership in having a clear vision of branding
- Strategic planning should include both conquest and retention activities
- Channels that may be used for conquest are traditional (newspaper and radio), direct mail, search engine marketing (Google Ad Words, retargeting, remarketing), Paid social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc), and experiential (trade shows, sponsorship, etc).
- Help the dealership to clarifying their brand and unique place in the market
- Ensure brand standards are followed (correct logo and font used for all advertisements) including 10 Minutes West of High Prices which is the tag line that has been adopted for the dealership. This should be reflected through all marketing where possible including in the dealership
- Each activity should have a clear measurable goal and analysis of whether or not that goal was met
- Know the Key Performance Indicator’s of each vendor and hold them accountable
- Create a monthly high-level report of marketing activities and present to General Manager and department managers
- Conduct a monthly competitor analysis
- Be aware of latest marketing trends and look for opportunities
- Analyze website data and look for ways to increase traffic, VDP view, and conversions
- Maintain a strong presence on social media platforms adopted by the dealership
- Look for creative ways to use social media to increase website traffic, reviews, sales, etc in New and Used as well as Parts, Service and Collision Centre.
- Monitor and respond to all online reviews as quickly as possible and get the corresponding manager to follow up with any reviews that are a 3 or below rating out of 5
- Develop a process for obtaining more reviews (Google, Facebook, Dealer Rater, Yelp)
- Assist in training staff on how to use social media platforms to ensure brand standards are met, content is interesting, relevant, and relatable to the target audience, and get maximize exposure i.e following tagline standards
- Assist with the development and execution of all dealership events. This includes briefing all events with applicable stakeholders (sales staff, service staff, reception, managers etc.), purchasing all decorations and snacks, preparing all advertisements for applicable media platforms, pulling data from CRM system for mailers, organizing event registration etc.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required
Customer Relationship Management:
- Be dealership expert in CRM system to ensure we are using it to the fullest potential
- Look for ways to improve processes for both sales and service retention
- Sales retention includes: prospect and sold follow up, lease/loan renewal, data mining CRM system for sales opportunities or solutions to fix bad data
- Service Retention includes: welcome packages, first service retention, maintenance menu retention, lost customers and seasonal pushes
- Assist all customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Adjust closed days and winter/summer hours on all advertising platforms
- Duties as assigned by management
- Attend training as assigned by management
Qualified Applicants will be contacted for a phone interview, and successful candidates will continue on to an interview here at the store.