Join Our Team-Sales Consultant
Why Cochrane, Alberta?
Small town, BIG amenities! Cochrane is located just West of Calgary and East of the breathtaking Rocky Mountains. There are few weekends that nothing is happening in our small town. From Parades & Out House Races to Rodeos and Food Drives Cochrane is a hopping town just waiting for you to become a part of it. Cochrane gets over 300 days of sunshine, is close to camping, fishing, hiking, skiing and dirt biking. Add Mackay’s Ice Cream, Chuck Steel Axe Throwing, Half Hitch Brewery, Spray Lakes Sawmill Family Sports Centre, Glen Eagles Golf Resort, live local music and many local shops Cochrane has it all. Come and join our team, get to know our amazing town & strive to make a difference in our community every single day!
Why Cochrane Dodge?
Due to multiple promotions within the company, Cochrane Dodge is currently seeking new applicants that will start off their career working as a Sales Consultant. Previous experience would be considered an asset however not required as we hire based on attitude and desire.
While the economy has been down, Cochrane Dodge has been very consistent and has found the need to add to our Sales Department to properly accommodate a number of Customers that we have. You will be joining a Sales floor that has been with Cochrane Dodge from 2-8 years, with a very low turnover in between. As we said, we are hiring due to promotions from within, and we believe in working with people who are motivated to become successful! For example, Both Our Sales Managers started as Sales Consultants, our Service Manager started as a Service Advisor, and our General Manager/Owner started in the Service Department!
Now, most sales jobs promise large guaranteed wages to start out and plenty of customers for everyone. Sadly most dealerships hire 5 new candidates just hoping that a single one will work out. New hires are regularly thrown out with little or no training and expected to perform along with veterans of the business on a Sales floor that is already overcrowded. This leads to a very high turnover rate from beginners who are unable to meet their goals.
Here at Cochrane Dodge, the successful candidate will be given thousands of dollars in proper training, along with years of insight and experience to learn off of. We are building you so that you can build your career.
We offer our Clients amazing programs:
- Small Town, BIG Guarantee-Best Used Car Warranty
- Express Lube Open 8:00AM-5:30PM Monday to Friday and Saturdays 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Largest All Makes and Models Service Department In Cochrane
- Home of the Apple Pie Test Drive
What a successful candidate can expect from the job:
- Professional Training to set you on the right path for a career in Sales.
- A small, close-knit and friendly Sales team.
- Unlimited income potential.
- A scheduled 36 hour work week.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Christmas Bonuses.
- A very lucrative Employee Purchase program.
- To work for a Family owned, operated and community-driven business.
- Medical and Dental Benefits for you and your family after 3 months.
- 2 Weeks Vacation
- An Early, 8 PM closing time, and shift work to make sure you don’t always work evenings.
- To work Saturdays! YES, we work every Saturday, and YES you can book them off if needed!
What the perfect candidate should have to be successful:
- Customer service attitude.
- Seeking long-term employment and drive to make this your career.
- Unlimited drive to be successful, and work towards advancement.
- Previous service industry experience.
- Class 5 Drivers license.
- Skilled with technology/ social media for self/dealer promotion.
- Willing to work outside in all Cochrane, AB summer and winter conditions.
- Interest in vehicles.
“Cochrane Dodge is more than just an employer they are family. I feel that I actually have a great relationship with all the people I work with. I know many of them on a professional level but can say that many have become personal friends.” ~Victoria Marketing Coordinator
“I like working at Cochrane Dodge because it’s a fun, friendly environment to work in. As an employee there is some great perks such as having the room to work on our own vehicles in a professional shop. Working here has helped me learn and grow professionally.” ~David Express Lube
“I have been with Cochrane Dodge for over 20 years. What I really like about Cochrane Dodge is that it is close to home. I get to work with a great team of technicians and have a flexible schedule. Cochrane Dodge has always treated me fairly and I feel fortunate to work with a company that treats all their employees this well.” ~Mike Shop Foreman
“I work in the Accounting Department and started with Cochrane Dodge over 27 years ago this past October. I have been through management & staff changes and I can honestly say I have made many friends here whom have turned into family. What I really like about Cochrane Dodge is their sense of community. They participate with Random Acts of Kindness, volunteer for the Cochrane Food Drives and participate in the many local rodeos in town." ~Dianne Accounting
"I enjoy my fellow workers. Everyone is happy, positive and friendly and because of that out customers are positive happy customers. We treat our customers well and they in return treat us well and that makes a very happy work place. At the end of the day these are the people I spend the most time with. I find it important to have a likeable work environment and I enjoy coming here every day." ~Alex Sales Consultant